Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Abby is 4 months old!

My little girl turned 4 months old on the 7th! I know I've been a very bad blogger - but my defense is as a new mom, it's hard to write down one fluid sentence and it make total sense.

On that note, I was planning on a series of posts called "Secrets from your Sister". Boy did I drop the ball on that one. I began a post but it ended up so disjointed from all the information that I wanted to share that I had to take a step back. I am going to try something else instead involving the alphabet. Stay tuned.

Onto Abigail.

At her 4 month appointment she was 13lbs 6oz and 25.75 inches long. She is the light of my life. From the beginning of the morning where she smiles at me to start the day and even middle of the night feedings, my heart melts.

She is babbling and yelling like nothing I have ever heard before. She takes after her father this way. She loves to kick and stand and look at absolutely everything. She isn't rolling over yet, but is strong in so many other ways. We began solids last week and she's slowly getting into how great sucking my finger and getting food can be.

The last month or so we've hit a problem with sleeping, but from what I have researched, 4 month olds tend to have a wakeful period. This means Abby is up to eat every 2.5 hours and is sometimes awake in between. It's hard on me, but somehow I am surviving.

I can't wait to see what she learns next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment