Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Mommy Worker Bee

Ever since I got the call that I had been offered a new job, I have been on the search for a mommy blogger like me. Someone who is heading back to work after a year of blissful maternity leave (because once I went back to work, I began to yearn for the simpler days of mat leave) and were doing it for the first time.

These mommy worker bees are not difficult to find. Any google search will come up with tons if results. My issue is that they all seem to have older kids.

I didn't grow up with the example of a mother who worked outside of the home. My own mother, bless her heart, raised all 4 of us and that was all she needed. I don't blame her. However I also don't have the same example from my mother-in-law. She stayed at home raising 4 boys and didn't go back into the workforce until my husband was 12.

So, now - am back to my search. I almost feel like I should be taking out a personals as or posting in the "missed connections" section of craigslist.

Where are the new mommies of the internet world and where are their blogs?

Perhaps they are like me, and as a friend so poignantly put it: maybe they are all too busy to blog?

0 comments:

Post a Comment