Thursday, August 27, 2009

38 week DA

I didn't post about my DA last week, but it was so uneventful that I didn't really have anything to share.

Today, DH expected a long wait, because usually we wait for an hour and have a 5 min visit which costs us a lot in patience and in parking fees. He was grumpy because he forgot his PSP in the car. He had told me yesterday that he was going to bring it in because of how long the wait was. Good thing he did!

When we arrived in the office, there was no patients. I was weighed almost immediately. I've gained 1 lb this week which puts me at a total of 36 pounds gained. My BP was 105/77 which I was told was excellent. Within minutes we were put into the examination room. I barely caught the nurse then tell me to uncover from the waist down. Now, DH vehemently said that he did not want to be in any appointments where I would get an internal, but now he was caught!

The OB checked baby's position, HB and then did the internal. In retrospect, DH said it wasn't bad because the OB wasn't looking when he checked (lol) he really likes this doctor. The OB said that my cervix is changing and is soft, but that's about it. It looks like this LO is in there for the long haul.

I go back in a week where I'm sure I'll get another internal. I can't believe that puts us in September already!

0 comments:

Post a Comment